Sheepdog Trials Vendor
Saturday & Sunday
Welcome and thank you for your interest in becoming a vendor at the Sheepdog Trials on Saturday and Sunday! We look forward to hearing from you. Please look over the following details and descriptions. (There’s an application form at the end.) And if you have any further questions, please contact us!
General Application Guidelines:
- All items displayed or sold must be in keeping with the Trailing of the Sheep Festival theme and focus.
- Please include a photo of your art, craft or product, with a description of your work/ product.
- All applicants do require receiving approval from the SDT Event Coordinators prior to participation.
- All Vendors will be required to have an Idaho Sales Tax #. If you need a Temporary Permit, one will be available for you at Check-In.
- Check-in/ Set Up begins Friday Night – 3 PM to dusk
- Or…you may check in on Saturday beginning at 7:30 AM until 10 AM.
- Saturday & Sunday Sheep Dog Trial Hours: dawn to dusk both days
- All spaces are 10’x10’. We will work to comply with your special requests for space location. No guarantees.
- Vendor Spaces: $70.00 per space for applications received on or prior to August 31st.
- On or after Sept. 1st, fee is $80.00 per space.
- There is no electricity on site.
- Sheep Camps and Exhibitors - No charge if no items are sold.
- All fees must be paid in full before Acceptance/ Registration.
Please remit your check/money order payable to:
Trailing of the Sheep Festival, P.O. Box 3692, Hailey, ID 83333, 208-720-0585
For additional information contact: Judy McLean at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Sheep Dog Trials will be held again this year at the mouth of Quigley Canyon. To get there, turn east at Fox Acres, Hailey’s southernmost signal. Follow Fox Acres towards the Community Campus and Wood River High School, keeping left and passing WRHS towards the fields. Less than a mile from the opened gate, there will be an entry to the venue.
Event Weather History
Traditionally, our valley weather is cold, damp and dark in the fall’s morning hours. Then it warms up and is bright and sunny. Some years, it can be windy and snowy. For your best sales potential, please consider the extremes and come prepared.
MOTELS: Hailey’s Airport Inn (1-800-634-3444) is directly across the street from the park. There is other housing in the area: AmericInn (208-788-7950), Wood River Inn (1-877-542-0600), Ellsworth B&B (208-788-6354), and Spruce Inn Bed & Breakfast (208- 720-8755). Other motels, etc., are located in Ketchum/ Sun Valley.
CAMPING: The closest Campground is in at the Meadows RV Park between Hailey and Ketchum. (11 miles north) They fill quickly so call early if you’d like a spot there. (208) 726-5445
VEHICLE CAMPING: There is overnight, self contained vehicle camping onsite. We would appreciate requests for space prior to the event.
There will be signs to guide you into the Event area; Vendors will be located to the West of the Dog Course. You’ll find our TOTS Tent and tables towards the center of the Trials area. You can park by your tent to unload and then move your vehicle away from the staging area. Vendors and some Handlers will be parked about 100 feet away from the tents.
Registration/ Check-In begins Friday after 3 PM to dusk and again from 7:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. on Saturday.
When leaving your tents/ booths up overnight, please be sure to tie them down well against inclement weather.
All Vendors must complete and sign an Idaho Tax Form. You can expedite your check-in by providing your permanent Idaho Tax# to us on your application. For those who need them, Temporary One Time Event Permit Forms will be ready at check-in. Contact us if you need more information.
AFTER Tax Forms are completed, you will be shown your space by one of our Volunteers. They will help with any further questions you may have.
Please be respectful that all spaces are in 10’ x 10’ increments.
VENUE ENTRY: PLEASE do NOT drive faster than 5 mph. There will be lots activity happening.
Unloading / Set Up
Please park close to your space while unloading to allow other vehicles to get around you.
Remove vehicles from the sales area to the vendor parking area as soon as possible. The vendors and Handlers generally park west of the event in the field.
Vendors must have Idaho Tax # visible to the public during the event. (Your copy of our form works.)
Idaho Sales Tax is 6%. You are responsible for collecting and paying sales taxes on items you’ve sold.
Please have your booth open by 10 a.m. and at least until 3 p.m. both days. We hope this information will ease your participation. Please contact us with any questions. We want this Festival to be a positive and profitable experience for us all!